Implementing the right kind of Network Infrastructure (wired & WIFI) is the communication backbone in any organisation. Greenlight Computers can design for you a scalable and affordable network focused on your expectations and requirements.
Greenlight Computers Network Design
Network deployment is not just about now, but also about the future. Investing in a system with future growth in mind can save you time and unnecessary costs. Greenlight Computers can help you consider the essentials when planning your network:
- The purpose of the network
- Performance requirements
- Application and software facilitation and flow
- The number of users now and the potential number of future users
- Ease of management
- Security levels
- Business and budget constraints
We believe that scalability is key so it is imperative to implement a network that your organisation will not outgrow. Network design is also a continuous balancing act and Greenlight Computers can provide ongoing support and reassessment of your network in alignment with any changing objectives and requirements.
Network design is a simple flow model for routing data from the outside world to the computer, around your network and from the computer to the outside world. To build your network you require:
- Broadband – the data pipe to the outside world
- Firewall – to block unwelcome entry to your network
- Router – routes data around your network, assigning unique network addresses (IP addresses) to each computer. Most routers also allow NATing to hide your individual computers from the outside world.
- Ethernet/Fibre – cabling interconnects your network to wall ports where your computer is connected.
- Switches – essential to managing the connections and linking them back to the router, binding the network together
- WIFI – for those devices that are mobile in nature Laptops/Tablets/Smart phones wireless technology operates of numerous protocols but provides the same routing function for your data. For more detail on WIFI click here
The biggest challenge with designing a network is device compatibility with manufacturers such as Cisco, HP, Aruba, Ruckus, Palo Alto operating at the Enterprise end and Netgear, TP-Link, Zyxel, Draytek amongst many serving the SME community.
Simplifying the network is where Greenlight Computers plays a key role with many of our clients.