Greenlight Computers Ltd have developed a range of services that suit the budgets available. Innovation and the deployment of new technology into the Education sector has been the key drive for the first decade of the 21st Century. We believe the this decade is all about making best use of technology and improving the skills of teaching staff to exploit the technology to the full.
We have developed an innovative approach to IT Service, making the university technology hub for the local community. Our solutions are built around a unique & progressive IT Strategy for our clients.
Our service provision into the Education sector depends on the type of establishment we are working with. Our core offering of IT Support is taken up more at the school end of the spectrum, whilst specific services tend to be required for Higher Education as they have internal IT Departments. We briefly describe some of our services to Education below:
- IT STRATEGY is provided across the whole sector with an innovative focus on sharing key resource between establishments through our clustering program
- IT SUPPORT is provided either on an outsource basis or as a supplement to the internal IT skills & capacity of our clients
- STAFF IT SKILLS ASSESSMENT & TRAINING is a growing requirement to enable teachers/lecturers/other staff to keep pace with the learners & use IT effectively in schools & colleges
- CABLING & WI-FI solutions are regularly required throughout the sector to enable classroom change, office development or conferencing facilities
- DESIGN, PROCUREMENT, INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE of new computer suites & solutions
- COMPUTER RELIABILITY improvements using tools such as Deep Freeze (a software product that returns a computer to its original state after use) help to stretch the effective life of your ICT
All of our technicians are CRB checked to ensure we comply with the appropriate security & safety regulations.
We are supplier agnostic and as such will only recommend the best solutions we know to our clients not the products of a specific supplier.
We do not operate a large marketing function to present ourselves to the Education sector as some of our competitors do, our focus is on providing good quality cost effective solutions. If you would like to know more please contact us directly.
Greenlight Managing Director Gary Dodson served for several years as Education Sector Director at Fujitsu UK overseeing the BSF (Building Schools for the Future) program. His interest has continued and he currently acts as Non-Executive Chairman for the Greater Manchester Education Services charity EBS (Education Business Solutions). Gary’s personal passion to improve educational outcomes & employment prospects in the Greater Manchester area will ensure Education remains a Greenlight focus sector.