Do you need an IT service or Cloud Solution? – talk to us, we’re here to help
Case Studies; Rawwater – 10 Years IT Support
Greenlight Computers has worked with Rawwater for a decade providing IT Services, Support and Consultancy through a continuously changing IT landscape. Over the 10 years many projects have been successfully completed, this case study covers a selection of the more recent developments.
Rawwater are specialists in oilfield reservoir souring and simulation forecasting, inventors of the Bismuth Plug and creators of the world’s first Bureau Veritas-certified ‘anticipated’ 3,000-year-life cast metal seal for oil and gas reservoir plugging & abandonment.
They provide contract research and consultancy in the fields of materials science, well integrity and water management. Combining engineering with reservoir microbiology, to deliver solutions for facilities design.
They are also developing Molten Metal Manipulation (M3) – a range of new alloys and application techniques to provide high integrity, reversible metal seals for the nuclear industry and other sectors.
- To understand the needs of an innovative engineering company and guide the management team through using IT to enable the business.
- Establish suitable network infrastructures are in place locally and remote.
- Liaise with 3rd parties to ensure their systems were catered for in the IT setup.
- Provide that ‘single point of service’ to handle all IT challenges without fuss. IT in plain English.
- Migrate central authentication and control to a Cloud Server
- Implement the best practice cyber security protections for an SME engineering business.
Greenlight Computers Solution
Greenlight worked with the Rawwater team in a consultative way to understand the business strategy and align a suitable IT strategy to enable the business. The solution elements included:
- IT Consultancy to establish a 5 stage program of IT enhancement.
- 2017 Consolidated Printing services to improve administrative efficiency.
- 2018 Migration of Email & Office Applications to Office365.
- 2019 Migration to Azure Server for Domain Control & Filestore.
- 2019 Firewall and Network upgrades to enhance speed and cyber security.
- Ongoing, expert and value driven IT managed services to support Rawwater.
Benefits delivered include:
- Flexible and cost-effective IT upgrades delivered when required.
- Greenlight Single Point of Service; handling all IT needs professionally & effectively.
- Seamless migration of Domain Control and Secure Filestore to the Microsoft Cloud.
- 10 years of virus free operations.
- Comprehensive best practice cyber security tools deployed
“We’ve worked closely with Greenlight Computers for over ten years, and they have steered us through upgrades and IT challenges that we could never have accomplished in house. Given the complexity of our requirements, and the level of service provided, I fully anticipate another ten years, and more, of our close collaboration.”
Founder & Managing Director