Greenlight Web is a rapidly growing digital marketing agency, part of the Greenlight Computers group. Greenlight Web now has a core team of 10, visible on the About Us section of the website. We are a full-service agency covering Brand Design, Website Design, Website Development, SEO, PPC, Social Media and Marketing Consultancy.
Our client base is varied, our projects are interesting, and our team is superb. Our USP is that by working with our colleagues in Greenlight Computers we can be a Single Point of Service for a wide range of IT and Digital services to the clients.
We wish to add to our team. We have a great team with excellent design and technical skills. We want to bring in additional technical practitioners to work as key members of our development team, people who can bring with them skills in current website front-end technologies to deliver the functional part of the solution.
You will be working directly with the senior creative and wider team to develop websites from design and the start of the development life cycle, all the way to testing and completion. As a lead developer it will be your responsibility to take control and ownership of all web related collateral such as domain & DNS management, server maintenance and also work with the development team to manage control of our hosting environments.
We have a mix of new website work and maintenance contracts; day-to-day tasks will include the creation and development of new projects, up-keep and updating of existing websites and php versions, problem solving and bug fixing whilst dealing with clients directly to ensure they are always kept up to date.
You will be directly involved in the progression of projects, advising on achievable deliverables, presenting solutions and providing realistic timeframes.
You will also have a mentoring role, working with our junior developer ensuring their skills continue to grow and they can offer additional capacity to handle work in busy periods.
Our design team will have met with clients to agree a product brief. Our web developers engineer the functionality of the website to meet that brief, and deliver within our commercial terms. We are looking for candidates who are at home working with frameworks and template packages (predominantly WordPress.)
- 5+ years experience
- Excellent understanding of HTML5, CSS and PHP
- A proven track record of commercial WordPress experience, both front-end and back-end
- Experience working with themes and page builders such as Avada, Divi, Elementor, Gravity and WP Bakery
- E-commerce and an expertise in WooCommerce and Add-Ons (especially memberships and subscriptions)
- Good experience with using payment gateways such as Stripe
- API integrations
- Excellent with C-Panel and WHM
- Solid knowledge of servers, DNS and development environments
- MySQL Experience
- Abode Photoshop
- WP Engine
- Custom theme & plugin development
You will be required to turn Photoshop designs into fully interactive websites, exporting all images into optimized web files, rendering as intended on all popular devices (desktop, tablet, mobile etc). You will advise on what is achievable, the best way in which to satisfy client objectives and the time required to complete. You will have the ability to run audits on existing WordPress sites and identify what could be done better and how you would achieve it. You will be able to set-up local copies of WordPress, take them online into a development environment, test and launch to a live site using name servers and DNS zone editors to point to our servers and install SSL protection and configure a CDN. You will be able to work to deadlines, delegating tasks to the wider web team and managing projects from receiving designs to delivering live websites.
We like to take care of team members and provide:
- A friendly environment.
- Flexible working from home or office where feasible.
- Matched pension contribution.
- Training allowance for courses, books & conferences
- Choice of Mac or Windows laptop/desktop & second monitor
- Peer mentoring and training.
- Mobile phone allowance.
- Transparent financial reporting.
- Monthly staff lunch (when back in office)
- After the probation period you will also be eligible for the quarterly profit share bonus scheme
How to apply
To apply for this position please complete and submit the form below and don’t forget to attach your CV.