Greenlight Computers has successfully migrated the central file storage and domain control services of many of our clients from on premise physical servers across to the Microsoft Azure platform.
What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure is a flexible public cloud computing platform. Azure is renowned as a Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution that houses Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) services on a virtual distributed cloud hosted basis.
When considering migrating your services to Azure the benefits include:
- Reliability – 99.95% availability SLA and 24×7 tech support
- Flexibility – dashboard control of compute resources to scale up and down as needed
- Affordability – Azure is charged on a consumption basis, you pay for what you use
- Global Security – data is housed in globally distributed data centres, you can select primary and secondary geography in line with your industry regulations
- Open Stack – Azure supports almost all OS, frameworks, languages and tools your business may require
- Backup & DR – Azure enables the IT technician to configure backup solutions cost effectively to alternate data centres, allowing you to define the frequency and nature of your backup schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) to protect your data. If you’re in a Windows virtual environment, Azure’s built-in integration for additional backup will be a quick and painless solution. Azure site recovery integrates with System Center and HyperV architectures, creating a robust and seamless cohesion between Azure, System Center, and HyperV.
Azure for SME’s
In a typical SME scenario, we find the Azure platform an ideal solution to house your Active Directory, Domain Control, Central Filestore and your server-based Applications e.g. Accounts package.
Greenlight Computers handles all the complexity of the consumption billing and provides the client with a fixed monthly cost based on expectations of usage. We find the costs of Azure backup are significantly lower than online backup of on-premise servers thus increasing your return on investment.
With many businesses now operating on a distributed basis from multiple sites, homes, countries and other locations, moving your server(s) to Azure means your office network and broadband speed is no longer a bottleneck.
Azure Cyber Security
From a Cyber Security perspective Microsoft invests huge resources in protecting your data held in Microsoft Azure.
This link takes you to an overview of Microsoft’s Azure security:
In simple terms, putting your data in Microsoft Azure is like putting your money in a bank, you just inherently trust it is being looked after. Take away the risk of storing data locally and give your business the flexibility and opportunity Azure can enable.
Greenlight Computers has been using the Microsoft Azure platform for our own services since 2012, enabling us to operate seamlessly from 5 offices and multiple remote locations easily and securely.
Contact us today for a complimentary consultation with our Microsoft Azure technical consultants.