Airkix – New Build Infrastructure
Airkix, the leading indoor skydiving centre, is flying high in Trafford following its launch in December.
Client Name: Airkix Manchester
To provide an IT Infrastructure through which Airkix can provide professional skydivers and thrill seekers with the highest quality customer experience. The network must enable 24/7 video streaming all skydives are filmed and the video is streamed around the facility, into the reception and cafe areas, using different camera angles.
The Airkix team also required all the Office IT to run the business & marketing functions.
The whole project required very tight timescales to ensure the doors could open on time despite building delays earlier in the program.
The Greenlight team responded very quickly to the demands of the project. A CAT6 shielded cabling network was installed to over 100 ports around the building to ensure that wind tunnel interference did not affect the video signal. Monitors were installed throughout the building to ensure all guests experienced live flights in the tunnel. HP switching & Drobo storage were installed to handle the storage of large quantity of video content required for health & safety and customer experience.
A full small business server and staff computing network was installed to provide the team with the tools they needed to run the business.
As a unique building lots of technical challenges occurred along the way but the outcome was ultimately opening on time & on budget.
Working with Greenlight has been a breath of fresh air because they are both flexible to the changing needs of us as a client and they are also creative in their approach to an IT solution. They came up with many alternatives to enhance our system during the process, so much so that we have had them audit our Milton Keynes facility to investigate what improvements can be made in the future.”– Simon Ward – CEO
- Drobo storage 8x 1.5TB hard drives which stores every minute of tunnel action for security and backup purposes
- VGA extenders to carry the video signal across the CAT6 network and display a live feed to any screen in the building
- HP Procurve gigabit switches which allow fast transfer across the network to cope with the demands of live streaming
- Opened on time & in budget January 2010
- 10 mile radius IT support ensures we get a rapid response if we need help
- Utilising fibre links helps manage the cost of IT in early stage of business plan