Do you need an IT service or Cloud Solution? – talk to us, we’re here to help
Case Studies; Graphene Enabled Systems Ltd –
Microsoft Azure Server Implementation
Greenlight Computers has worked with Graphene Enabled Systems Ltd since their formation. Wholly owned by the University of Manchester the Graphene Enabled team utilised a virtual server on a University owned server cluster. The implementation of a dedicated Microsoft Azure server demonstrates the growth and development of the business.
Graphene Enabled Systems is an innovative company created by the University of Manchester to develop a range of industrial products, components and systems based on its broad portfolio of IP relating to graphene and other 2D technologies.
- To build a new Microsoft Azure server for the team
- Migrate all data and users across inside two weeks to ensure financial and technical separation within the academic financial period
- Help the team create a new logical folder structure to store data in line with the way the business has developed
- Ensure the ideal cyber security considerations are deployed to be validated for Cyber Essentials plus accreditation
Greenlight Computers Solution
Greenlight has migrated many clients from on premise servers to cloud based servers in Microsoft Azure over the past five years. For the Greenlight Computers team this implementation followed a standard project path and was achieved inside the two-week window. The solution elements included:
- IT Consultancy to design and procure the ideal Azure server.
- IT Technical services to build, configure and populate the server with all the required client data.
- Establish the full cyber protected cloud backup to an alternative Microsoft datacentre
- Archive the old virtual server for the agreed six months retention period, leaving access only via administration password
Benefits delivered include:
- Flexible and cost-effective IT upgrades delivered when required.
- Greenlight Single Point of Service; handling all IT needs professionally & effectively.
- Seamless migration of Domain Control and Secure Filestore to the Microsoft Cloud.
- Improved flexibility for home and international working.
- Comprehensive best practice cyber security tools deployed.
“We were comforted by the fact that the Greenlight Computers team are very experienced in Microsoft Azure migrations and the associated managed services. All timescales and budgets were successfully achieved, we can now focus on the next phase of Graphene Enabled Systems growth journey.”